An easy peasy tangy and sweet salsa that can accompany any Mexican style dish or uplift barbecue meals.
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 4 corn on the cob
- 2 avocado
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- a handful of chopped fresh coriander
- a little salt
- Place the cleaned corn in a dish and microwave for about 15 minutes on high.
- Meanwhile squeeze the limes, peel and chop the avocado.
- Slice half of the red onion very finely.
- Brush the cooked corn with a little oil.
- Griddle the corn cobs on a barbecue or in a griddle pan until there are fine black barbecue lines on it . This takes about 8 minutes, depending on heat.
- Take the corn of the heat and slightly cool, then slice the kernels off the cob and mix with avocado, onion, lime juice and coriander.
- Sprinkle a little salt et voila!