Fed up with store bought salsa that is full of sugar and additives? Here is an easy salsa that can be used for dipping tortilla chips or raw vegetables or homemade sweet potato chips. Perfect to enjoy with friends and sundowners.
- 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes organic if possible
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 10 pickled jalapeño or a few fresh ones to taste
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- 1 cup of grated cheddar
- a little olive oil
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop and fry the onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, beans and heat.
- When the food bubbles, turn down the heat, add the cream cheese and jalapeño.
- When the cheese has melted and mixed with the tomato, turn off the heat.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Grease a ovenware tray and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for 20 minutes
- Serve with tortilla chips, sweet potato chips and grilled corn salsa.