This recipe marries the sweet taste of pumpkin with the citrus flavour of sumac and the earthiness of roasted coriander and cumin seeds. Great as a warming side dish or as salad with crusty bread.
- Half of a Japanese pumpkin cut into 6 wedges of about 1 inch thick
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 3 tbsps of sumac
- 3 tbsps of cumin seeds
- 3 tbsps of coriander seeds
- salt to taste
- I made these roasted pumpkin wedges in a Ninja flip oven airfryer, but you can use any conventional oven.
- Put the sumac, salt and olive oil in a bowl and mix.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper and put your pumpkin wedges on it.
- Brush the wedges with the olive oil mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees celsius, turning midway.
- Towards the end of the bake, toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a pan until you start to smell their gorgeous smell.
- Retrieve the pumpkin from the oven and serve sprinkled with seeds.