Have you noticed how much things cost these days? Even with careful shopping, it seems everything is more expensive. This brunch wrap for 1 hungry sailor contains 2 free range eggs, a handful of spinach, 100 grams of feta, 1 tomato and a sprinkle of mozzarella. This costs an estimated $3.00 when the above ingredients are purchased at Aldi. Admittedly, the vegetables are not organic. Still as lunches go, quite a cheap, nourishing and healthy lunch/brunch that can keep you going till dinner time.
Here’s how you make it:
- 1 whole meal wrap 50 cents
- 2 free range eggs 65 cents
- 100 grams of feta $1.00
- a handful of spinach 20 cents
- 1 tomato 45 cents
- a little mozarella 20 cents
- Preheat the oven on fast combi to 200 C.
- Place the wrap on a round oven ware dish sprayed with any oil.
- Put the spinach leaves on top and leave two areas without leaves where you will crack the eggs into.
- Place the sliced tomatoes around the edges.
- Crumble the feta over it all, top with a little mozarella.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the eggs are just set and the cheese starts to brown.
- Sprinkle with any fresh herb you enjoy and or tabasco.